Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Personal Information that applies to your case, that may include, but is not limited to: marital status, employment information, financial information
We use this information to:
- To complete your investigation
- Provide updates on your investigation
- Assess your needs to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
Service ProvidersWe may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Legal DisclaimerWe may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Confidential Investigative Services, Inc is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so
User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or request deactivation/deletion of your account by providing us a written request to do so. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies/ Cookies
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. They may be used to track your behavior while navigating our site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. These cookies may be used to save information you have entered on our forms. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
Analytics / Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Blog / Forum
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them anytime you post on our blog please be aware that you are posting using a third party application and we have no access or control over this information.
Social Media Widgets
Changes To This Policy